Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year from Stockholm!

Here's hoping 2007 will make 2006 seem like some drunk puked Jagermeister all over it.

Is that an appropriate analogy to say I hope it's a good year?

I spent my evening trying to get along with fellow travellers and drinking cans of Tuborg like some sort of Danish tralier park resident. It was great, although I couldn't for the life of me figure out why after seven of them I wasn't finding the Germans any more interesting. Then I realized that they are 3.5% alcohol. Bleh! Anyway, I went down one of the rivers that flows through Stockholm to watch fireworks and wow...Swedes love their fireworks. Not only was there quite a state organized show on (no surprise) for at least an hour, but the locals all seemed to have their own fireworks that they were not shy about using. People were shooting fireworks of their apartment balconies. This seemed very safe. Needless to say there are a lot of Swedes walking around this morning with burned or missing hands. There's something few people know about Sweden (trivia for the day if you will) - there are more fake hands per capita in Sweden as a result of fireworks accidents then anywhere else on earth.

First one to "verify" that fact-ish piece of information on Wikipedia wins a prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home