Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Montreal, QC: Sunday, November 12 (In hindsight)

I'll be the first to admit that I'm terrible at this blogging thing. I'm working on it. Short regular posts is my new mission. Onto the post...

Mental note: Toronto Argonauts Cheerleaders = Ugly on the inside

I'm on the road in the middle of that typical business routing: Montreal-Winnipeg-Saskatoon-Regina-Vancouver-Edmonton-Calgary-Moncton-Fredericton-Halifax-Moncton-Montreal over the 11 days. (I kid you not.) On the first leg of the flight (well, really sitting in Trudeau at Mo's) I had the pleasure...wait, "pleasure"...of being surrounded by several members of the Argos' cheerleading squad "The Blue Thunder," fresh off the Argos' loss to the Als in the CFL East Final.

I often felt that being pretty is an excuse for being an unfourtunately poor person, in terms of manners and attitudes, in particular. It could be an sad prejudice on my part, but many of the people I've known who are prettiest on the outside are ugliest on the inside, to borrow a cliched expression. The members of Blue Thunder didn't disappoint on Sunday. Between bitching about the Als' cheerleaders when they appeared on TV ("They can't dance for shit"), bitching at the bartender because there is no smoking room in the airport (which I know was Jessika's decision, that c-word), and telling everyone who would listen that BC would demolish Montreal in the Grey Cup, it was all-in-all an unpleasant experience. Almost ruined the #3 I was eating. Thankfully, my astute mind was able to glean that getting a nose piercing is team initiation on the Blue Thunder.

I was ready to write them off completely and forever, but I did see one team member reading vast amounts of clearly academic material waiting for her flight. One point for the Thunder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home